Muslim Brotherhood says no thanks to Egypt interim rule
By Freestate On 11 Jul, 2013 At 04:15 PM | Categorized As Africa | With 0 Comments

The Muslim Brotherhood movement of Egypt’s ousted president Mohamed Morsi says it will spurn an offer to join a new interim government.

“We do not deal with putschists. We reject all that comes from this coup,” said Tareq al-Morsi,  a spokesperson for the Islamist group on Wednesday amid reports the movement is to be offered positions in the transitional cabinet.

Meanwhile, two back-to-back attacks on Wednesday on a security checkpoint in Egypt’s Sinai Peninsula left two civilians dead and six people injured, a security official said.

The assaults were carried out by gunmen in the area of Sadr al-Hetan in central Sinai, the official said on the condition of anonymity.

Those injured were three police officers and three civilians. The civilian victims were driving in the area when the assaults occurred, the official said.

The violence was the latest in a series of attacks targeting military and security personnel in the desert peninsula since the army ousted Islamist president Mohammed Morsi last week.

Egypt’s first democratically elected president was forced from office after protests by millions of Egyptians who demanded his resignation. – AFP

comment closed